The comparision we supply at the right hand side of this page is based on the following:
- Wood pellets provide 4,800 kWh of energy per tonne.
- Wood chips provide 3500 kWh of energy per tonne at 30% moisture content.
- Logs provide 3500 kWh per tonne at 30% moisture content.
- Kerosene provides 10.2 kWh per litre.
- The average home considered to be 3 bedroom house using 30,000 kWH of heating energy in one year.
Prices are checked regularly using local suppliers. Calculator info supplied by Highland Birchwoods.
17 May 2012
|per kWH||per Year|
|Woodfuel - Logs||£0.023||£690|
|Woodfuel - Pellets||£0.046||£1380|
|Woodfuel - Chips||£0.026||£780|
|Oil - Kerosene||£0.07||£2100|